Happy Thursday y’all. You know what today means – Thinking Out Loud with Amanda over at Running With Spoons. If you’re not familiar, it’s an awesome link up where bloggers around the world can just open up and chat about whatever is on their mind. Head over there and see what other bloggers are thinking about! Today’s post is all over the place so prepare yourself for lots of random thoughts…
1. I started a Netflix binge. I know, I ‘m late to the party. But it was the best decision ever. Well, the best worst decision ever. Because now I’m done with Season 1 of Orange is the New Black and I can’t stop watching. The other shows on my list to start: House of Cards, Scandal, Mad Men, and a few other randoms.
2. This past weekend I went to a showing of the Disney movie Fantasia with the National Symphony Orchestra playing all of the music to it. It was amazing. The theater has a lawn area as well as a stage where the orchestra was playing and we were allowed to bring in coolers with food and booze. It was honestly one of my favorite nights in awhile with some great friends.
3. Everyday I am reminded of the great friends I have and I love that I have had the opportunity lately to meet new people and build such strong friendships. There is nothing I love more than just hanging out and chatting with friends, catching up, getting some advice, and just getting to know people a little bit more on a deeper level.
4. Vulnerability. It’s a bitch. But sometimes it’s necessary. Sometimes you need to put yourself out there in order to grow. You need to put yourself in a position to get hurt in order to figure things out. The hard part is actually doing it. And figuring out how to begin.
5. I am seriously slacking on the workout front. I have no motivation to work out. But I need to just start making it my daily routine. It’s always so hot when I get home from work and I don’t want to go to the free gym at school because then I have to sit in more traffic. It needs to happen though.
7. I am in desperate need of new running shoes. I have been getting some ridiculous calf pain lately and I am attributing it to my running shoes. The sad thing is – I haven’t run nearly as many miles in them as I had in my previous shoes. You are supposed to change running shoes anywhere from 300-500 miles depending on how often you are running and your running style. I don’t know if I’ve hit 300 yet in these and they are killing me. A little disappointing, but now I know to go back to the brand I was wearing previously.
8. In regards to the previous thought, today (Wednesday) I had my clinic instructor dry needle my calves hoping it would help with the pain. She noticed my achilles was pretty swollen. Then when I took my sock off, we realized my entire ankle/foot was all bruised. Um, what?! No idea where this came from but needless to say, I’m not allowed to run for a bit :(.
9. Well my next thought has to do with racing, and I’m going to pretend I’m not currently in pain and can start training reasonably soon… A few classmates have signed up for a sprint tri in September and I’m seriously considering it. My things holding me back: my shoulder with the swimming, and my ability to bike. Oh, and I don’t have a bike – small issue. Also, my friend Chelsea mentioned potentially signing up for the Baltimore Half in October, which I have been considering for quite some time. Andddd, a classmate’s clinic is putting on a 10K in August and I wanted to run it, but that is a little soon and I’m not sure my legs will be ready.
10. There are approximately 325 days until the start of the Women’s World Cup!!! As much as I love the men’s WC, there is just something so special and so exhilarating about watching these women play. I grew up looking up to the Women’s National Team so much. The last World Cup was so exciting to watch and I’m pretty sure Abby’s goal against Brazil in stoppage time of overtime in the semifinal game was the most exciting thing ever. I sort of, kind of, really, actually might, go take a road trip to Canada to experience it for myself.
Okay. I think that’s enough for today. Have a great weekend!