Hi guys! Things have been pretty relaxed this week for me. After midterms last week and a fun packed weekend, I embraced a break on Monday with fall break. I ended up going in to clinic on Tuesday – which I almost immediately regretted, but that just means I will end sooner rather than later. While at clinic on Tuesday I guess I was still in vacation mode and my mind kind of stopped working. My CI was asking me questions about a patient and I had no idea what he was saying. He got annoyed it seemed like so I got frustrated and it impacted my whole day. Just not a good day – but next week will be better! Anways, onwards to my favorite things of the week!
1. This weather! Finally it is beginning to feel like fall around here. We’ve been having some chilly mornings and highs in the 60’s – which I don’t know about you, but I love it. Bring on the sweater and boots temperatures!
2. Fall weather = pumpkin = baking! I made these 2 ingredient muffins the other day and OMG they are so good! All you need is one box of spice cake mix and one can of pumpkin. Mix them both together, put them in cupcake tins, 350 degrees for 20-25 mins and BOOM! Soft, yummy, pumpkin-y deliciousness.
3. Why don’t we just stick with the fall theme around here and talk about Halloween! My nephews have decided on their costumes – pirates! Arrrgghh. Here is C practicing his sword skills with his eye patch, earring and bandanna.
4. Communication. So as all of us know, communication is key in all relationships. I’m not good at it. I tend to hold things in that bother me until it starts giving me anxiety. I also don’t like confrontation so that’s another reason I hold things in. Unfortunately, most relationships won’t work when that happens. As you all know if you’ve been here awhile, me and T don’t see each other more than once a week usually which leaves me frustrated like none other. This week we had one of the best conversations we’ve had in a really long time. Sometimes all it takes is laying out what you need from each other (especially when you don’t see each other often) to make things a hundred times better. I know it’s something we both have been working on and we may not be there yet, but seeing the difference it makes and feeling like a thousand pounds dropped off my shoulders is incentive to keep it up.
4. On that note, I saw this quote that I just thought was perfect. I honestly wish I could press fast forward in life sometimes. Just to be at the time when I am done school, T is done with his Masters and working, and we have incomes flowing in. Then I saw this and realized maybe I need to take a step back sometimes when I’m feeling that way.
Because really, when you rush things in life, it seems that something always goes wrong. So sometimes I need to remind myself that this stage we are at will pass and it will all be so worth it in the end.