Let’s chat about some random things in my life. This is going to be all over the place. Bear with me. Happy Thursday – it’s almost Friday!
Thanks, as always, to Amanda for the link up!
1. I’ve been seeing a lot of articles on BuzzFeed and Thought Catalog lately about being an introvert and how to act around people that are introverts or asking introverts what it’s like. Last semester we took a personality test in class and not surprisingly, I was more so introvert than extrovert. Reading through the articles, I definitely could relate to most points. I turn down invites sometimes just for the sole reason that I would rather be at home reading a book. I genuinely get mentally exhausted if I have too much social interaction in a short period of time. I enjoy going out and having a few drinks and dancing on tables like the best of ’em; but I don’t like it every weekend or every night. A perfect weekend night for me is being with some friends, drinking some wine/beers, watching a movie or just catching up.
2. I have a rotation of 3 pairs of soccer warm-up pants and 5-6 pairs of running tights that I’ve been wearing every.single.day. Since I’ve been working out either directly after class or during my 3 hour break on Mondays and Tuesdays, it’s a hassle to try and dress presentable for class then bring things to change in to for my work out. (I clean them, obviously. But as soon as they are washed, they will likely be worn again.)
3. I meet with the other surgeon next week for a second opinion on my shoulder. I really, really don’t want to get surgery. But as I do my exercises and they continue to hurt my shoulder, it’s seeming more like the only option. It sucks. But I know I need to do whatever is best for the long term. I wrote this post this weekend, so I won’t be seeing the second surgeon due to my impromptu trip to New England for my grandmother’s funeral. I still will get a second opinion but because it’s not a tear like they thought, surgery is less of an option now than exhausting PT.
4. “Hey, remember that person you thought you couldn’t live without? Look at you, living and shit.” Every day seems better. Every day is another step toward being better and being okay. And I’m doing good. I really am. Funny to think where I was a month ago today, and even better to think about where I will be a month from now. One. Day. At. A. Time. Sure, some days are tougher than others still. Sure, sometimes I hate that I can’t share my life happenings with him. But I’m closer than I was a week ago to being just fine without him. And that’s all that I can ask.
5. Wanting to keep my schedule full, I decided to add one more thing to my plate. My friend that I used to play lacrosse with in high school just recently got the head coach position at said high school. So I offered to volunteer to help out whenever she needs it slash when I can make it around my classes and stuff. I have to go to a coaches seminar and go get fingerprinted, but I’m actually really excited to help out. Coaching is something I want to get in to once I’m done school and settled in to my career, so I’m excited at the opportunity to help her out and get a taste of the coaching world.
6. Fun fact for the day: even though I played soccer in college, I actually think I was better at lacrosse than soccer. No, not like all-star-all-met-all-state good; but I definitely think I could have played at the collegiate level had I pursued it. I just had played soccer my entire life and couldn’t see myself not playing in college. Lacrosse I had just kind of picked up in high school because both my sister and brother played; and I wanted to stay in shape for soccer. I definitely missed it in college, especially since my college was a huge lacrosse school.
7. Speaking of introversion: sometimes I just get annoyed when people talk to me. Is that weird? Does that make me a bad person? I don’t know what it is. But when I’m around certain people for too long or people just ask the same things everyday, I just can’t handle it. And I know I come off as rude or annoyed, but it’s just me needing my space. So, if I’m around you a lot and don’t get annoyed by you, you should feel pretty darn special because there aren’t many of you out there…
8. Saturday I’m flying up to Maine with my sister and youngest nephew. My parents are driving up today. My brother is flying up Monday. All the rest of my family is flying in either Friday or Saturday. I’m really excited to see all of my far away family that I don’t get to see often, but I wish it were under different circumstances. I’m happy though that we are (mostly) all able to make it up there to celebrate the life of my amazing grandmother. It should be a great weekend.
9. I won’t be back until Wednesday next week and so I apologize if I don’t get around to posting much – if at all. But I’ll definitely be back Thursday or Friday. Things are hectic in these parts right now with trying to get school work done so I don’t have to worry about it over the weekend and figuring out when I can take the test I’m missing Wednesday morning. So this might be the last post for a week.
10. LAST ONE. Anyone out there PLL fans??? It’s my guilty pleasure. And I swear it’s going to give me an aneurysm one of these days. I can’t handle all the drama. Just tell me who A is please and thank you!
Enjoy these warmed temps for those of you around me! I’ve seen it’s supposed to get up to the 60’s on Saturday?! (Sure, with rain and storms, but still… 60 is HOT compared to this nonsense we’ve dealt with this winter.) I’ll be nice and um, cold, up in Maine. 🙂