We made it Friday! And guess what? It wasn’t 20 degrees when I woke up this morning. Is that you Spring??? Are you here to stay?? I sure hope so. We are actually supposed to get rain all day today and tomorrow and some Sunday. Better than snow!
My life really isn’t exciting, I wish I had more exciting things to share with you guys. But let’s just chat about some of my favorite things lately since it’s Friday after all…
1. Surprise, surprise. Like I told you yesterday in ToL, Frozen is on the top of my movie list right now. I constantly have songs stuck in my head and may randomly burst in to song at any given moment. And I love it. I seriously want to just hang out with Olaf.
2. My foam roller. (This isn’t my exact one, I just Google imaged one.) But seriously. I don’t know how I got through my training for my first half without using this thing. I roll out my legs nearly every night and stretch out my back on it before bed. I have a love-hate relationship with it, for sure. But lately with how my calves have been reacting to my long runs, this thing has saved me.
3. Secrets. Because I have a big one. That I can’t wait to share. I’m just waiting on the word….
4. Running. I mean, running is also a love-hate relationship. But deep down I know that I probably would not be who I am today without it. I feel like I could devote an entire post solely to how running changed me, how it helped me through hard times, how it pushed me past my limits, and how it made me a stronger individual in so many ways. So even though I haven’t had a training run since Saturday (better safe than sorry with my calves being in pain with every step), I know that I will be able to pick up where I left off in my training no problem.
5. Coaching. I’ve talked about this a lot too. But I just love it.Two days ago I ran sprints with them and yesterday I ran their laps with them – about 2.5 miles total with varsity and JV. Love it. And I think they love that I get in there and run with them. Honestly, I just didn’t want to have to run after practice because it was cold so I joined in.
6. This. I’ve been obsessed with anchors for as long as I can remember. I don’t know where it stemmed from, but I’ve just loved them. I own too many things just because they have anchors on them. So when I thought about a tattoo, naturally an anchor is the only option I had in mind. One of my favorite quotes is “Refuse to Sink.” Now more than ever I feel it correlates with me. I refuse to let anything bring me down in my search for success and happiness in this life. So I thought of this drawing. The balloons are preventing the anchor from sinking. Anchors also symbolize hope. Hope floats. This summer, potentially. On my ribs.
7. Gotta throw in a picture with one of my favorite little men.
That’s all I have for you all. My life isn’t exciting. Sorry not sorry.
What are you loving lately?