I AM OFFICIALLY FINISHED WITH TWO YEARS OF PT SCHOOL AND AM ONE YEAR AWAY FROM A DOCTORATE.
1. Obviously this is my most favorite thing happening this week. I have passed my exams and am now 2/3 done with PT school. I still sometimes find it hard to believe that I’ve been in this program for two years. It’s flown by and while I’ve hated it at some points due to the stress, I wouldn’t change the past two years for anything. So proud of my class and how far we have come. ONE YEAR and we will be receiving our hoods and entering the clinical world as DOCTORS.
We celebrated yesterday with a feast of brisket, homemade bread, salad, potato salad and baked beans all homemade by one of our classmates moms. SO GOOD. And her dad provided us with a keg, naturally. So much fun – despite the fact that we were all so, so exhausted from the hours spent studying the past few weeks.
We had most of the class there celebrating together which makes me so happy. We only had a few who couldn’t make it due to prior commitments or they had flights out. I love this class and love how we all get along so well. Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to spend every day with most of your closest friends!
2. Today we are having our Pinning Ceremony. It’s an inaugural event because we fought/petitioned to have it and I am so happy that it is happening. What it is, is basically a ceremony that reflects us leaving the academic side of school and starting our clinical practice. Its a short little event in which all our family, our clinic instructors and the faculty get together and we receive pins, say the PT Oath and then celebrate.
3. I now have a week and a half break before we start clinic. Unfortunately, much of that will be spent studying to remind myself of all of the ortho things I learned last semester.
4. I’m still obsessed with the new Timeflies album. Literally, I’ve memorized most of the songs on the album already and it’s been out for a little over a week. You won’t be disappointed if you invest in it.
5. I’m so excited to start READING BOOKS FOR FUN! Oh my goodness. I can’t tell you how happy I am to be able to go to the library and binge read things not related to the medical world. I have a growing list of books to read so please tell me of any that you recommend! I stopped at the library yesterday and picked up the newest Nicholas Sparks book, The Longest Ride, as well as the third book in a series by Nicci French, Waiting on Wednesday.
6. Tonight is the lax girls’ second playoff game and I won’t be able to be there :(. We are playing a tough team but I know we can beat them if we play together. I’m hoping to get a text tonight with good news! It’s been so much fun helping out and I’ve loved every second of it.
7. Got my first sunburn of the year yesterday. It’s gonna match my new dress I got for tonight real well – not. Sunscreen. Always sunscreen!
Seven is an awkward spot to stop on and I’m feeling pretty awkward so let’s do it. Have a great weekend y’all!