It’s Thursday which means another wonderful link up with Amanda over at Running With Spoons. Head on over and see what other people are thinking about on this Thursday, and let’s dive right on in to my thoughts!
1. We had a class yard sale last Saturday to raise money for our mission trip to Costa Rica in the spring. We raise money to buy medical supplies that we bring along with us to use to treat patients. We have actually already raised a good amount of money so the $200 we made this weekend was just a great addition!
2. After the yard sale, I hung around Arlington with classmates, drank some beers, and had my calf worked on (perks of being in PT school, you always have someone to work on you!)
My compression socks have been getting some great use with this calf injury. It’s been so swollen so compression, ice and rest was definitely the best option for me. I am now walking without a limp (small victories here, people) and have been told I can start swimming and can walk.
3. I went for a walk last night, about 2 miles. It felt great and I wasn’t pushing it too much at all. Afterwards it was definitely a little sore because sitting on your butt for 2 weeks doing nothing tends to atrophy your muscles a bit. So after some ice and compression, it was feeling back to how it was before. Slowly but surely I’m healing. Unfortunately, running is off the plate for at least another few weeks :(. At least my view on my walk never gets old….
4. No running also means not playing in my sand soccer tournament next weekend in Atlantic City. My college roommates/teammates and I put together a team for the tourney and I’ve been so excited. Now I will be the best coach/cheerleader because in the long run, my health and my calf healing is more important than potentially tearing things over a beach soccer tournament.
5. This is my last week of clinic. It’s definitely bittersweet. I’ve learned so much from this clinical placement and have met some amazing people, both patients and peers. I’m definitely going to miss coming in everyday to see these friends I’ve made, but I’m looking forward to a little two week break to mentally prepare for what this semester is going to bring. Tuesday we went to trivia at a local bar, and tomorrow we are planning on a good-bye happy hour and night out!
6. I’ve started House of Cards. Currently on episode 11. It took a few episodes to get in to it but I’m officially hooked. It will definitely be finished by next week.
7. I’ve also been reading a lot. I got my hands on a few good ones at the library. A new-t0-me author Tana French; currently reading Faithful Place. So far, I am loving it! Right up my alley with the mysteriousness of the story line. In my queue (aka, in my pile on my bedside table..) I have Jennifer Weiner’s All Fall Down, which I am excited to get started on as well.
8. This weekend is my sister’s “sprinkle”. Her friends are throwing her a Beer-baby-Q. Since it’s her third boy, she really doesn’t need all that much, so we are all just getting together, grilling out, bringing diapers, and celebrating Baby B, who is due in early October!
9. My favorite drinking game came out in full force on Saturday night. If you’ve never played Heads Up, you probably live in a box. If you’ve never played Heads Up while drinking, you are seriously missing out. It was just me and 3 other classmates and we had the best time ever just laughing hysterically and drinking some beers. It was one of my favorite nights ever. I’m not one who needs to go out to bars to have a great time – that night to me was perfect.
10. I’m in a good place right now, mentally and emotionally. And I’m ready to get started back up with school and get in to a routine of things. Physically, I feel like I’m slacking. And once I’m fully healed, I can’t wait to get back in to a workout regimen. Yes, I know, I’m not getting chubby – but you know how you just feel gross when you don’t work out? That’s what I’m getting to at this point and it’s making me anxious and irritable.
There’s my thoughts for this Thursday, have a great weekend!