Well, it’s been two weeks since I last posted and since I really just need to catch you all up, Amanda’s link up is a perfect one for today since I will be all over the place with lots of pictures! So here we go…
1. I finished clinic since we last spoke and went out for a night of awesome celebrations with colleagues and classmates. I had a great last day in the clinic. A patient had flowers delivered to me at the office since he didn’t have an appointment and they were beautiful. It’s patients like that and peers like those I worked with the last 12 weeks that make me so happy I chose this profession.
2. That next day, we had my sister’s baby “sprinkle” for baby B. It was just a small get together with some of her friends and we hung out pool side, played cornhole, ate some snacks and just enjoyed the day.
3. A lot of that next week was spent relaxing and letting my calf heal up a little more. I did a whole lot of nothing. I read some books, watched House of Cards, and laid by the pool. I definitely took full advantage of the break time that we have before classes start.
4. I wanted to make sure I was healed by this past Saturday because I had a sand soccer tournament with some of my best friends from college and I didn’t want to miss out. I headed up to Philly on Thursday to one of my friend’s places and then Friday we headed out to Avalon, NJ where we stayed for the night. We feasted on pasta, then drank way too many beers and jello shots. Nothing like a night full of drinking and dancing before a beach soccer tournament all day. 🙂
5. Saturday we drove down to Brigantine Beach, right near Atlantic City, for our tournament. It turned out to be such a perfect day with perfect weather.
There’s me in goal. I decided that playing in goal would be best since I wouldn’t be running in the sand as much and it would be less intense on my calf. Good decision, I think, on my part and it worked out great because….
We won! We all payed so great, as if it hadn’t been years since we have been on the same team together. We won a bottle of champagne, an awesome trophy, and $500 towards next year’s tournament. It was the best day ever – so much fun! After we stuffed our faces with Greek food at a nearby restaurant, we headed back to Avalon and went out to celebrate! Such a fun weekend with some girls I wish I lived closer to so I could seem them more often.
6. On Sunday, we headed back to Philly, then I trekked up the coast to Point Pleasant, NJ with one of my closest friends to join her family for a little beach vacation. It was the perfect relaxation I needed before starting school this coming week.
7. I started, and finished, Me Before You by JoJo Moyes and I loved it. I loved the realness of the plot and how Moyes interprets the main characters reaction, as well as the thought process of the other main character. With my profession, I actually deal with patients such as the one discussed in the book, and you would be surprised at how much of what we do is actually psychological, as well as physical. I loved this book and would definitely recommend it to anyone needing a great, quick read.
8. Me and Corrin played bartender for her family with Three Olives Coconut Water vodka. So. Good. We mixed it with Fresca and mashed up mint in it as well.
9. I watched the sunrise Wednesday morning, which was amazing. I just sat in one of the rooms of the house we were staying in and watched the sun peak over the horizon. I don’t know if I can say I’ve done that before so that was pretty awesome to see.
Then enjoyed my coffee on the back porch of this incredible house.
10. And I just enjoyed the week with one of my best friends. Her family just took me in like I was one of them and it was such a perfect vacation before things start getting crazy next week with school starting.
11. Oh, and I took selfies like this on the beach all week…
Because, why not.
12. I start classes on Monday. I just looked up my schedule and I’m in class from 8-4:20. K, great. Ugh. BUT – it’s my last first day of school, ever. EVER. That’s something to be excited about!
I think that’s enough for you all right now. I just dumped photos all over you and recapped my last 2 weeks. Once school starts I’m sure I’ll be posting more regularly like I normally did last semester. So have a great weekend, I know I’ll be enjoying my last weekend of freedom 🙂