Happy Thinking Out Loud Thursday! This week has been going by quick and I like it. I feel like this entire semester has flown by.. I only have four weeks of classes left. Four weeks! What is that nonsense?! Wow, that’s not a lot of time. Finals are going to creep up quick! Let’s get right in to my Thursday thoughts…
1. I had my “interview” yesterday at my dream clinical placement and it went phenomenal. I feel like it was more of a meet and greet, and that the position is already mine. 🙂 I felt like I really hit it off with the clinic instructors and really enjoyed seeing the clinic and getting a feel for how things would go. It made me super excited to get started!
2. With Veteran’s Day this week, you know I had to rock all the USA gear as possible. I love my country. I also wanted to give a special shout out to my late grandmother, who in this picture below is seen modeling the new Army uniforms in 1950. How cool is that?! She’s the one all the way to the left.. Now I know where my height came from.
2. Griffin is here for awhile while his family is enjoying Hawaii – jealous would be an understatement. Typically, he’s a pretty good runner. He is a Wheaton Terrier so he is so not a running dog, but he does well. Except for recently. I tried to take him out on Tuesday because the weather was gorgeous. He likes to take off on a sprint when we start and pull my shoulder out of the socket, generally. But then he just stopped running and I was dragging him along the rest of the way. Ugh. I was bummed because I felt the need to head back out. So I did the 2 miles with Griff, then took off on a speedy 1.5 miles without him.
3. My paper is slowly but surely coming along. I think I just need to sit down and finish it up. I just keep slacking and working on some other things. Once I get that out of the way, I will be much more relieved and able to focus more on final exams.
4. My friend made us appointments to go look at bridesmaid dresses the weekend before Thanksgiving! I’m so excited to start looking for dresses for her wedding. I’m so thankful that I am apart of it! Here we are last year at the Timeflies concert – which is this Friday and we aren’t going. Sad. P.S. Check out their cover of Jason Aldean’s Burning it Down – LOVE.
5. On a similar note to trying on dresses – I’m happy that I’m finally starting to feel like myself again. Being injured and not working out like I would have wanted to for almost two months really took a toll on me mentally and physically. With my workout regimen and really working to watch what I am eating, I’m happy that I’m starting to feel more comfortable with myself. So, trying on dresses won’t give me anxiety since I’m feeling more like myself!
6. Peanut butter. My favorite fuel after an awesome 4 mile run yesterday. Great pace, beautiful weather, neon clothes = perfection.
7. I’ve eaten more than half of a bag of clementines in under a week. And I’m not stopping now.
8. I’ve been chatting with my friends from home about plans for Thanksgiving and I’m getting so excited for the holidays!
Unfortunately, Chelsea will be out of town so we will miss her, but Hana will be down from New York so it will be great to see her! I can’t wait for Christmas and doing our traditional gingerbread houses! Thanksgiving Eve is usually a big night for drinking and getting together with people from high school. While I wouldn’t mind going out to see people, I won’t be partaking in the drinking since I have a 10K Thanksgiving morning!
And that’s all I have for you on this Thursday morning. See y’all!