Happy Christmas Eve everyone! I have a few minutes to chat since I got a lot of my errands done this morning that I needed to do – last minute, in the rain, on Christmas Eve, nonetheless. I am now relaxing with freshly wrapped presents, Frozen on and a new book I am about to dive in to. So here is what I have been up to since we last chatted!
This past weekend I spent a lot of time with my best friends from home! On Friday, I headed down to Arlington and met up with Chelsea and Bianca, along with significant others and close friends, for dinner at Uncle Julio’s! I love that place! I have been spending a lot of money lately so I opted to just eat dinner before going and indulge in a swirl – or 2 or 3 ;).
Love these girls and it turned out to be such a fun night! Hana got in late Friday, so while we missed her at dinner, we knew we had our annual gingerbread house making planned for Sunday! Hana and her mom made a delicious spread of snacks and goodies for us to munch on while we made our houses.
Chelsea and Bianca accidentally waited until the last minute to get their houses and the store was out of them – so they ended up getting Chanukah Houses! They worked just as well and it was pretty hilarious when they walked in with them. I am actually half Jewish – as my father is Jewish and my mother is Catholic. Without getting too into religion talk here, I have always celebrated all of the holidays associated with each religion. So I made my house half Christmas- half Hanukah, to represent myself! It was perfect and everyone’s house turned out so well this year!
While I have been on break for almost 2 weeks now, I started doing what I do best last week: reading as many books as I can handle! So far I have read the following books:
- Goodnight June by Sarah Jio — Love all of her books and this one was no different. I loved the concept of the story and how it all played out! Definitely recommend it if you are familiar with Jio’s work.
- Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight — Another book that I could not put down (I’m a sucker for murder mysteries and thrillers). My friend, Hana, recommended this one and it was great!
- Tell No One by Harlan Coben — Murder/thriller plot line that I really enjoyed with some twists that I probably could have called, but overall enjoyed it a lot.
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman — I have a thing about reading books that become movies. I refuse to see most movies that are from a book unless I have read the book, so I wanted to check it out. While it’s your typical young adult type book, I really enjoyed the perspective it was written from. Now I need to check out the movie.
- And the next book that I am about to start is: That Night by Chevy Stevens.
I never do book reviews, because honestly there are very few books that I will say I do not like. There are definitely books I like more than others, but I am not one to say a book is bad because there are a few grammatical errors, or the plot was predictable, or what have you. I just read, to read. Not to judge the author’s writing. If I don’t like a book, I won’t finish it. Plain and simple. Anyways, please share any recommendations for more books to read!
Monday and Tuesday I got to watch B for my sister while she went back to work. He is getting to be so smiley and so big!
Tuesday I had all three of them for the morning until my mom came to take over so I could entertain my guest that came to visit for 24 hours. (Hashtag vague comment 😉 ) I am so excited for Christmas just because of these boys right here. When you get to be older, I feel like Christmas becomes solely about giving. Don’t get me wrong, I love receiving presents just as much as the next guy, but I just love giving things to people.
Last night I stopped by my best friend Casey’s house after dropping off my friend where he needed to go. She was having a little Christmas get together with wine and hors d’oeuvres and I was so happy to be able to join! We always have gotten each other little gifts and I can’t wait to show you what she got me. On the wrapping paper it stated: To SK: This is ridiculous, I am not sorry. From CH.
OLAF NIKE SOCKS! I am so obsessed with them, I haven’t taken them off. They are perfect.
Tomorrow (Christmas morning) will be a quiet one with just me, my mom and dad. My brother and his fiancé are in New Jersey with her family, and my sister and the nephews always do Christmas morning as a family. We will go over for Christmas dinner and more presents later in the afternoon. We are doing our family Secret Santa on Sunday when my brother and Kristen get back. The Redskins are playing the Cowboys so we are doing it during the game with lots of apps and some chili!
And there we have it! I hope everyone enjoys an amazing holiday with family and friends!