It’s Thursday. Which means that the weekend is almost here! And that it’s Thinking Out Loud time! I’ll take today to just catch you all up on life and whatever else is on my mind since I’ve been slacking in the posting department lately. Seriously, props to all of you out there working full time jobs and still are able to post everyday. Skills I do not have. Let’s get to it! Head over to Amanda’s site to see what others are thinking about!
1. Clinic is going awesome. I am seeing patients pretty much solely on my own unless they require more assistance to move around, in which I have a tech with me helping. My supervisor is saying that she is bored, which is a great thing for me I think! Who would have thought I would be so comfortable in a hospital?! We are starting to increase the more complicated patients (I’ve been seeing mainly joint replacements and orthopedic surgeries since they are simpler), but I am excited about the possibility of seeing some acute stroke patients and patients with more complex diagnoses.
2. I have been going to bed and falling asleep before 9:30 (at the latest, occasionally 9PM or earlier) for the past few weeks. And it’s been glorious. This is mostly because I have been on a roll with my pre-work workouts! I’ve been at the gym by 5:30AM, in the shower by 6:30 and out the door headed to work by 6:50. I have a little system going and it’s working great. I really just love getting my workouts done early too, then I don’t have to convince myself to go after being on my feet for 9 hours lifting and working with patients.
3. All of my sister’s family came down with the flu within a few weeks of each other. Yep, including little three month old, B. He was so miserable and it was so sad. He spiked a fever at one point last week and his pediatrician wanted my sister to take him to the ER, just in case. They didn’t find anything serious, just the flu and it had to work its course. (We were worried about RSV or any other viruses going around in kids these days) He was quite the trooper and was even pretty smiley. I just love that face.
4. I was in need of some new glasses and don’t have
the best any coverage on my insurance for glasses. So I did some research and decided to check out Warby Parker. They have something called a Home Try-On free trial. You pick 5 frames, and they ship them to you for free to try on. I don’t have a store anywhere near me so I thought this was awesome. They came so fast too! After trying them on for family and sending pictures to friends, I finally decided on the Theo in Blue Marblewood! For $95 total for the lenses and frames – you can’t beat it! Also, they are a buy one-give one company, and provide someone in need with eye care with your purchase. Awesome! They haven’t arrived yet, but I am anxiously waiting :-).
Oh, and Griffin and B liked trying them on too…
5. My best friend needed a little pick me up recently, so our group decided to get her a little something to make her smile and let know we were there for her. When I was going through a tough time last year, these three girls did an amazing job cheering me up, so I knew how amazing it would make her feel. How cute are these wine bottle labels? She loved them!
6. My best friends are the best. I think I’ve told you this. Multiple times. But check this out:
Chelsea got me a SPIBelt for my birthday and Hana got me wireless headphones! How well do these girls know me?! I loved them and was so surprised by their gifts! Bianca got me a mani-pedi for before Costa Rica and I can’t wait to go with her to get that done! They are too good to me, I swear. 😉
7. My sister got me a pretty amazing gift as well: a necklace from Origami Owl! How pretty is this?! I love it!
9. I think for the first time in awhile, I am truly, honestly, greatly happy in nearly every aspect of my life. I am five months away from having a doctorate in my dream career. I am doing well in clinical. I am 5 weeks away from Costa Rica. I have the most amazing friends that anyone could ask for. I have been back on my workout grind and am feeling great physically.
Men Boys are confusing, but they are the least of my worries right now, as I’m focused on me and furthering myself in my future career.
And there we have it! Happy Thursday, y’all!