Hey blog world! How’s everyone’s Friday starting out? Well, I’ll tell you how mine is starting out…
I am sleeping in! (Which basically means I’ll be waking up around 7, instead of 5.) My CI and I worked on Sunday, which means that we have today off. We also have Monday off, which means: hello four day weekend! I am taking full advantage of this little break. I have some relaxation, some fun, and some case report writing planned in to my schedule for the next few days. So let’s just jump in to a few favorite things!
1. First and foremost, today is one of my best friend’s birthdays! Welcome to the 26 club, B! I hope your day is as amazing as you are, you deserve it!! Best friends for 20 years now and I can’t wait for the next 20 and more!
And yes, I did have to throw it back to our high school days when we thought we were really cool hanging out at bonfires and drinking Beast. (aka Milwaukee’s Best.) ::gag::
2. Morning workouts! When I actually make it to the gym at 5:30, it starts my day so amazingly. I feel like it just puts me in a good mood and gets my day started on a healthy track. I have a routine pretty much down pat, so I’m thinking a “Day in the Life” post should be popping up here soon. But as for my workouts, I’ve been switching off with lifting and running/other cardio. My lifting days are typically circuits in the group exercise room with my Spotify playlist on. For example, this is what Monday’s circuit looked like: (I wrote it down as I did it!)
And this is me yesterday being really cool and taking a selfie on the Bosu in the mirror after a similar circuit working on different things:
3. New glasses! I told you all how I ordered my new Warby Parker glasses?! Well they came in and I absolutely love them! They are taking some getting used to, as the frames are much bigger than my other ones, but I really just love the look of them. Here’s an awkward selfie that I sent my sister when they came in:
I got the Theo in the Blue Marblewood. Obsessed!
4. In exactly 3 weeks from right now, I will be in my last day of my second clinical. I can’t believe how quickly it has flown by! My last day of clinical also means one other thing: that I will be off to Costa Rica the next day!! For two and a half weeks! Say what?! I am getting so, so excited for this amazing opportunity that we have to treat these less fortunate patients in Costa Rica. It’s going to be an incredible experience that not many others get to do, so I am definitely grateful that I am apart of it. As far as clinical is going, we had our mid-term evaluations this week and they went great. My supervisor had nothing but great things to say, as well as some great constructive feedback that I hope to take in and improve on. She wants to push me to be “more than a mediocre physical therapist” (her words), and for that, I am seriously so lucky to have her. She knows that I am up for the challenge of being pushed and so she is going to make sure that I get exposure to much more in my final 3 weeks. She also said that every other PT and other people we interact with have nothing but amazing things to say about me; that she is “so lucky to have such a great student”, and that I “really know my stuff.” I can’t tell you how incredible that was to hear. 🙂
5. I miss my nephews. I feel like it’s been a crazy few weeks and I feel like I haven’t had a second to breathe. Last week I worked all week, obviously, then had Saturday off. But Saturday was spent at my school at Interview Day with all of the potential incoming class, then a family friend’s martini party. (Side note: Martini party theme was Mardi Gras… I was told that’s basically a costume party, so I got some more use out of the penguin costume!)
Then I was back at work Sunday-Thursday. So I basically worked (for free, mind you), for 10 out of the past 11 days. This means I haven’t seen my nephews, or my friends or anyone else really, in what seems like ages. I know I saw everyone for my birthday, but you know when you’re just so overwhelmed with things it feels like it’s been forever. Well. I miss this face.
I swear he is bigger every time my sister sends a picture my way. Just love those cheeks.
And there’s that! Some things I’m loving, and missing, this Friday. I can’t believe that it’s going to be February already on Sunday. 2015 is flying by and I’m not sure how I like it! Have a great weekend, see ya later January!