I gave you some random thoughts yesterday with my catching up with life, but since it’s Thursday and Thursdays are for Thinking Out Loud with Amanda, let’s get random again!
1. Tonight I’m heading to my first Nationals game of the season!! I’m not a huge baseball fan, but I like beer and I love my friends, so it’s a win-win situation! I’m definitely more of an O’s gal, but the Nats games are easier to get to for us in DC (obviously). Flashback to last year at a chilly Nats game with some classmates…
2. Side note: I just found out my best friend Chelsea is heading to the game tonight too! Woo! I haven’t seen her in what seems like forever due to my crazy exam schedule lately, so hopefully we can meet up!!
3. I’m watching my 6-month-old nephew right now because his daycare provider called my sister and said she was in the ER! I don’t mind the extra time with the little man and I hope that his daycare provider is doing okay. I also learned that he won’t nap to Thomas the Tank Engine or Mickey Mouse… But will nap for Kygo and MisterWives. Good pick B.
4. They are tearing down my old school building and it’s so crazy to see the process!
(I was at a red light when this picture was snapped, safety first!) But this building was once named the eye sore of Arlington. We called it Big Blue or the Blue Goose. It wasn’t big enough to be imploded, so they are just tearing it apart with a crane, floor by floor. I spent my first 2 years of grad school in that building and it’s kind of sad to see it go! But our new building is fabulous, so no complaints!
5. I went to Cava Grille yesterday for lunch. I have an obsession. It’s a problem for my wallet. But it’s just so damn good!
6. Speaking of food. I’ve decided to challenge myself. After doing some research of my own and hearing my classmate’s opinions firsthand, I decided I want to do the Whole30 Challenge. It’s going to be hard for me, because I love bread. Like, a lot. But I’ve heard nothing but great things about it and I think I could really do it when I have the time to cook and prep food when I’m in clinic with no class. I’m not doing it to lose weight; that’s not the point of it. I have the book on hold at the library “It Starts with Food”. They recommend you read it before starting to know why you’re doing what you’re doing, which I think is great. It’s more about resetting your system to what the human body is meant to be eating (I think that’s the gist). I’ll definitely be keeping track on here about how I’m feeling while on it, recipes I’m using and what I’m eating, and I’ll probably use the blog to complain about how bad I want a donut. But I want to do it. And now that it’s in writing, it’s happening. Once all my graduation festivities are done with, it’s happening. Hold me accountable people!
7. My calf has been acting up again with running. Which is weird, because I haven’t been running a whole lot. I’ve barely been running honestly, because I’ve been so busy with school. It’s making me mad and since I recently signed up for a Fall half marathon, I want to figure it out before training technically starts in July. Oh the irony, a PT getting injured and not knowing how to fix it.
8. In case you didn’t know, I’m going to be a doctor in approximately 4 weeks. I’m going to be hooded by my professors and I’m going to walk across that stage as a DPT. Yes, it’s not a real “doctor”, as in a PhD, but I will have a Dr. in front of my name. And I’m damn proud of those two little letters in front of my name and those three letters after it. I worked my ass off for those letters. I stressed more than I ever will in my life, I had anxiety attacks, I cried, I laughed, I met the most amazing people you will ever meet in your life; but PT school was the best decision of my life, and I’m damn proud that I made it.
9. I saw this earlier and I loved it: If you have a pulse, you have a purpose. Find it.
Nine is a good number to end on. I’m going to try and get ready for the day without waking B. I put him asleep in my bed since he doesn’t have a crib here and it’s darker in my room (black out curtains for the win). Happy Thursday 🙂