Happy graduation weekend y’all!! It’s finally here.
1. My number one favorite thing today… I’m going to be walking across the stage and be hooded by a professor as a Doctor of Physical Therapy.
2. Last night one of my classmates had a class get together as one last hurrah with all of us. It was a ton of fun. Here’s our solo pic we got last night, these two girls have changed my life and I couldn’t have gotten through school without them. They are two of the best people I know, inside and out, and I am so glad they came in to my life through this program.
3. Sunday I will walk across the stage at DAR Constitution Hall, the same place where I graduated high school. It seems fitting to finish my school at the same place where I began my post-high school life.
4. Monday I start my final full time clinical at a neuro and orthopedic clinic and I couldn’t be more excited to get started.
5. I CAN’T BELIEVE I MADE IT! It hasn’t hit me yet that I’m basically done. Minus the 700 dollar board exam and 12 weeks of clinical, I’m done. All the stress, all the sleepless nights, all the panic attacks, all the tears.. They were all so incredibly worth it. We often play “Would you rather” when we are together as a class, and it’s been brought up: “would you rather repeat PT school or eat shards of glass”. Most of us picked the latter. I wouldn’t trade the experience for anything, I wouldn’t give up the life long friendships I created along the way, but I could do without the constant anxiety levels being through the roof and constant feeling of being defeated by tests and disappointed professors. But I made it. We made it. So let’s take a selfie…