Virginia Beach Bachelorette Weekend!

I’m currently laying in bed recovering from an awesome bachelorette weekend celebrating the bride-to-be. Totally worth it. Let’s get right in to the recap of the weekend!


I got out of work a little before noon on Friday and immediately hit the road. Getting from DC to VA Beach can be hit or miss when it comes to traffic because 95 is the worst. It ended up taking about 4 and a half hours and I was the first to arrive, so I went ahead and checked in to one of the rooms while I waited for the rest of the group.


Once everyone arrived, we (obviously) had to get the drinks flowing. So while we watched the France vs Germany World Cup game, we made ourselves beverages and figured out the plan for the night. Step one: Find a place to watch the USA game and eat dinner. Step two: Find a bar where we can dance all night.



We ended up at CP Shuckers to watch the game and get some more drinks flowing before sitting down to dinner. The U.S.  women pulled out the W – a great start to the night! After dinner we headed back to the hotel to change and continue drinking before making our way to the bars. We had music blasting and just were enjoying spending the time together with the bride before the night got crazy.


Favorite pic of the weekend 🙂

We ended up heading over to LunaSea which turned out to be a great decision. The bar had a lot of variety in where we could hang out – there was a large area in the middle of the outdoor area with about 10 corn hole games set up, sitting areas and a bar surrounding that, an upstairs deck that overlooked the corn hole area and had more bars, and then inside was a DJ and a lot of dancing happening. It was the perfect mix of chill and craziness. We ended up spending about 90% of the night on the dance floor which was just what we wanted. We were drenched and sore by the end of the night.




We woke up to cloudy skies and muggy air; and surprisingly few hangovers. The bride-to-be was up at 6:45am (I know, seriously) and was ready for the day… Except no one else was ready for the day to start, haha. Once I’m up, I’m up so I ended up just hanging out and chatting with her and actually ended up getting some studying done too (nerd alert.) We trekked to Starbucks for caffeine and breakfast and kept our fingers crossed that the rain would stay away the whole day and let us get beach time in. We lucked out and got about 3 hours of solid beach time before the storms started rolling in.


We took the downtime after the beach to relax, nap, eat, and do whatever it took to get us ready to go for round two. Around 7, we were all dressed for the night and started walking down to Catch31, a beautiful restaurant with amazing seafood!


We had to wait about an hour for our table and were more than ready to eat when we got seated. Let me just talk about the bread and butter for a second – oh my gosh. I don’t know if it was because I could have eaten a shoe at this point and been happy, or if the butter was really that good. It was a garlicky butter but it was amazinggggg. As far as ordering goes, you can’t go here without looking at the Fresh Catch(es) of the Day. Naturally, I went with a tilapia from Costa Rica, blackened. It was served with fingerling potatoes and vegetables (which, I think I had one piece of zucchini and one carrot on the plate.) Overall, it was delicious and I ate every single bite.




After we were all sufficiently stuffed with yummy food, we headed back to the hotel to continue drinking and get ready for another night out! This night was a bit rougher to get amped up for because we went so hard on Friday (ha!), but we managed to rally!



We ended up at LunaSea again since we didn’t manage to make it out until 12:15. It was another great night of dancing, hanging out, and jumping in the ocean at 3am.


I was roomed with the girls who came from Jersey, and they wanted to get on the road ASAP so I ended up leaving when they left around 9:30. I like getting home early from a weekend away so that I can decompress a bit before having to go to sleep and be ready to go to work. I stopped at Wawa for gas, coffee and a hoagie (the road trip essentials), and made the 3.5 hour trek back up to DC.

Overall it was such a great weekend celebrating an amazing person. Sarah has become such a close friend over the past few years and I’m so thrilled that I get to be a part of her big day. We all couldn’t stop talking about how quickly it’s coming up, the fact that she’s going to be a wife, and we reminisced about the beginnings of her and Sean’s relationship. All of the bridesmaids are a great group of girls and are an absolute blast – I know that this weekend was only a teaser of how amazing the wedding weekend will be!

And so that brings me here, to my bed, where I’m debating taking a nap, studying, or unpacking. I have a feeling I know which one is going to win…



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s