I like surveys. Readers like surveys. Surveys are fun. Here’s a survey about running for your Friday morning. Have a great weekend!
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
Well, a beach would most likely mean flat – so I choose that. But my favorite place to run is on a lake. Specifically the lake next to my house, in the fall.
2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
Light blue. 100%. The Frost Glacier Freeze is the best.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
New shoes! You can never have enough running shoes! Brooks all the way. Although, you can also never have enough running tights.. or compression socks.. or running tanks.. or jackets.. Sigh.
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
If I’m training for something, then I like to follow a training plan. If I’m not specifically training for a race then I just see how I feel and go with it.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
Definitely start uphill when my legs are fresh. I despise hills. Which is why I’m scared of this upcoming half. 😦
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
In the summer I love to swim! I live next to my community pool so it’s free to just go swim laps. If I can’t get in a swim, then I would say just elliptical/arc trainer type stuff at the gym.
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
Hmmm.. I would have to say loop runs.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—>
Good pair of shoes! As a physical therapist, obviously my recommendation will be a new pair of shoes that fit your foot right! It seriously can make such the difference in injury prevention up the entire chain.
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
Deer. Allllllll the time. Mama deer, baby deer, bucks. I run in the woods mostly on trails.
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be?
Eggs are usually my go to – so an omelette would be awesome to have waiting for me. With veggies and avocado. Oh, and a scoop of nut butter, please and thank you.
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
Shorts. But with this summer time training – the chaffing is real. Capris prevent that, but are too hot. It’s a lose-lose.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
Generally around 20 minutes in I think I get in a groove.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
I don’t typically carry one (read: ever). I leave my house unlocked generally, or I can go in through the garage.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
Probably the one I PR’ed in: the Ocean City 2014 Half.
16. What type of run is your least favorite type of run?
Hills. Easily, hills. I love interval training. And long runs make me feel so good when it’s done.
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on?
Knowing that if I don’t go run, I will die on October 17th when I go to start my half.
18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start?
Front door! Unless I’m meeting a friend somewhere to run, but that’s pretty rare.
19. When running in daylight—> are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
I’ve never run in sunglasses – I think they would be super annoying.
20. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
Knowing how amazing I will feel once it’s over; also, the faster I go, the faster I’m done. Also – if we’re being honest here – sometimes on the treadmill, I stare at my chubby thighs in the mirror the entire run to motivate me to keep going. ::No shame::