What’s better on a gloomy Wednesday night than to curl up and write up a Thinking Out Loud Thursday post?! Well, probably a lot of things, but right now this hot cup of tea, Chicago Med re-runs, and catching up with you all will have to do ;-).
1. This week at work has been phenomenally better than last week. Last week, I was spending my 3rd week on one of the toughest floors in the hospital. I was mentally drained, emotionally shaken, and physically exhausted. This week I’m in the NCICU- Neuro Cardiac ICU, as well as a telemetry floor; which means the patients heart’s are being closely monitored. Things are just moving much more smoothly this week
2. Speaking of work – I just want to say how far it goes when you hear a few words of praise. I generally consider myself a great team player at work… I’ll go out of my way to help out my peers and I’m happy to help when I can. The hospital was in desperate need for help this past weekend and I offered to help out. I knew I would just be laying around anyways, so why not get paid a little OT to help out? In return, my manager made a special shout out to me at our department meeting on Monday, and gave me a Wawa gift card. To me, it wasn’t a big deal, but it felt nice to be appreciated. Additionally, the therapy tech and a few other therapists at the hospital I am at now continue to remind of me of the great work I’m doing and say things such as, “it will be our loss”, when we talk about me leaving to orient elsewhere. It’s just nice to know that my efforts and hard work aren’t going unnoticed. 🙂
3. On the same page: a nurse in the NCICU on Monday praised me for my work that I did with a young patient in the unit on Saturday. The occupational therapist and I got her out of bed for the first time since her massive stroke and there wasn’t a dry eye in the room. This is why I do what I do.
4. I got two special deliveries in the mail last week! Two of my very best friends asked me to stand by them on their wedding day and I could not be more honored to do so for each of them! More details to come with those as more details come about – but be prepared for lots of festivities on the blog!
5. After the snow storm last week and when my roommate finally returned from Singapore, we celebrated with a little brunch action at Sam’s Morning Glory Diner. We really want to start exploring new places and trying different restaurants because Philly seriously has so much to offer in that category. I was antsy to get out of the house and she was craving American food, so brunching we went!
6. I’m sitting here thinking about brunch now… as I now watch Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives… and want food. Just say no.
7. I’m headed home this weekend for my future sister-in-laws bridal shower! My sister is throwing a brunch shower at my parents house and it should be a lot of fun! I’m also meeting up with a friend for dinner Friday night, and a few PT school friends from out of town will be in DC! I’m hoping to meet up with them after the shower and catch up on our professional lives – aka drink beers and chat and laugh and be BFFs again.
8. I saw this on Insta the other day and immediately thought.. “Yes. This is my life.”
9. I thought I had more things to chat about… but I think that’s about it. So I shall leave you with this guy, being the cutest ever with his horrible haircut his mother (my sister) gave him when they were snowed in and his hair was getting in his eyes…
Happy Thursday and enjoy the weekend, friends!