I’ve got a lot to catch you all up on and what better way to do it than with a Thinking Out Loud post?!
1. So, the last time we chatted, I was out of running due to a stomach bug and an LCL sprain. Luckily both cleared up quickly and I was back out there within a few days of the stomach bug being out of my system. Which was a good thing because I had a race to run….
2. The Cherry Blossom Ten Miler! I don’t have much time to write a full race recap but here’s the gist:
38 degrees with 25 MPH winds to start the race. Gusts up to 40 MPH throughout the race. No mile markers or time/pace signs on the course due to said high winds. My Runkeeper decided to not work and at mile 5 told me I had gone 1.4 miles and was moving at a 16 min per mile pace. Lies. I stuck with my friend Lauren pretty much the entire race and we booked it the last mile to try and get our goal time. We missed it by 1 minute and 30 seconds… but given the conditions we were running in, I’ll take it!
Final time for my first 10 mile race: 1:31:30. Average pace of 9:09. Aka, my best race, ever. My final 3.8 miles were done in 32:08. That’s a little less than an 8:30 pace. If you’ve been reading here for any amount of time, you know that speed is not my forte. But I can’t believe how fast I’ve been running lately. I’m loving it. I’m really feeling like my running is the best that it’s ever been… Which brings me to…
3. I am officially signed up for my first full marathon!
I’m certainly biting my tongue to those of you that I swore up and down that I would never run a full marathon. While I’m terrified, anxious, and sort of want to throw up when I think about it… I’m ready for this. I’m in a good place right now, physically, mentally, everything. I have the time to train. I have the knowledge base and a solid running history to back me up through training. And I’m going to do it. November 20th, those 26.2 miles are mine.
4. This month is crazy for me. It ends with my brothers wedding on the 30th… The weekend before that I have a visitor coming to Philly… and tomorrow I am headed down to celebrate one of my best friend’s bachelorette party in Fort Lauderdale!
Tonight after work I’m headed to Baltimore to stay with a friend, and then catching a flight bright and early to Florida to spend a 4 day weekend celebrating Olivia! I am in her wedding in June and this is just the start of the celebrations! I am so thankful for the friendships I gained in PT school and Olivia is one of the best and strongest people I know; I couldn’t be happier to stand by her side in June and help her celebrate this amazing time in her life!
5. Speaking of weddings, I am so sad that I missed the engagement part of one of my best and oldest friends this past weekend. Because I had the race and the party was in NYC, I wasn’t able to make it. 😦 I know there will be so many more chances to celebrate and I cannot wait to start planning bachelorette and bridal festivities for Chelsea, but I wish I could have been there with her, Fabio, and so many of our good friends. I’m so honored that I get the chance to stand up next to Chelsea next year and can’t wait for everything to come over the next months!
I spent my Saturday stalking all of their Snapchats and being envious of the amazing time I knew they were having! I mean look at how beautiful my best friends look!
6. I’ve been doing a lot of driving back and forth from home the past few weekends which meant a lot of time with the nephews! It’s always a good day when you spend it with some of your favorite little men. This past weekend I hung out with B while his older brothers were at a birthday party. And Saturday’s are for swinging.
7. Now that I’m signed up for a marathon, I think I’m going to bite the bullet and buy a GPS watch. It’s something that I’ve had on my radar for quite a bit of time now, but I think it’s something that will really come in handy for runs when I just don’t want to have my phone on me at all times. I’ve mainly been looking at Garmin – but am open to any and all suggestions on GPS running watches that you all have! Right now I think I am between the Garmin Forerunner 25 and the Garmin Forerunner 220 – the 25 is more basic and has everything that I need, but the 220 is pretty and colorful and I may just want to treat myself.
8. Remember when I gave up peanut butter for lent? Remember when I was allowed to have it again once Easter came? Yeah, well… I went a little overboard and my jar is now gone. Yes. Less than 2 weeks since Easter. Oops. Maybe I just won’t give up anything next year, that way I won’t want to binge when it’s all over? I just love peanut butter… More than most things.
9.Why is it so cold?! I’m talking 30’s with the wind chills! Come on, spring! It snowed on my way to work the other day… No. Stop it. Give me warm weather.
Yayyyyy for heading down south tomorrow!
Anddddd that’s all I’ve got for ya today! Be ready for a recap of bachelorette festivities next week. Everyone enjoy your weekend – I know I will!